• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's WIPs

eclark1894

Visionary
I need some help, and hope someone here can help. What are the two poles used by the horse to pull the carriage called? I can't find mention of them anywhere despite their being prominently displayed.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Shaft

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
its hard to tell but I think the front of the cheek strap (the one head to bit) should probably go from the back of the ear where it is but run to where the right hand side currently is (it looks too far forward). Do you have the Classic or Western tack to look at? if not, when I wake up I'll do a render at approx. that angle so you can see what I mean.

eclark1894

Visionary
its hard to tell but I think the front of the cheek strap (the one head to bit) should probably go from the back of the ear where it is but run to where the right hand side currently is (it looks too far forward). Do you have the Classic or Western tack to look at? if not, when I wake up I'll do a render at approx. that angle so you can see what I mean.
I was trying for a Western tack. But this is still a work in progress so suggestions from more knowledgeable people than me are welcome.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ok, don't have time for a render, here are some inspiration.

this one looks closest to what you were going for, tho not really western, more like a snaffle (ring bit) version of Harry's Classic bridle (which has a shank bit). (you don't normally see a noseband on western bridles, at least I couldn't find one that didn't have a shank bit).
See how it goes straight from the top of the head to the bit, not so close to the eye.

This is an English bridle but with a curved browband like you have

And these ones just because I found them while looking for something similar to your and thought they were unique and pretty LOL also to show you the strips of leather don't have to be straight if you don't want them to be...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think you're on the right track with this Earl. Definitely looking good.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm... having a spot of bother getting the harness right going under the horse's body.

WIP5.png

Right after I posted that last part I think I got it.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Been taking a break from the horse and decided to model something I'd never tried before. A computer monitor keyboard and mouse. Been so long since I tried to texture anything in Blender, I think I've forgotten how.

Attachments

• Computer.png
    Computer.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 242

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually only do UV mapping in Blender, and do my texturing in Photoshop, mostly because I don't generally do final renders in Blender, so don't consider it necessary. Then again, if I really get better at Cycles in Blender, I might try texturing so I can get a handle on setting up materials for the Cycles render engine. For the Blender render engine, I don't need to do it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Not for Harry, actually, but still a work in progress. I was thinking about making it a motorized chair, but I honestly like the aesthetics of the manual better. As you can see, I'm only about halfway there. :)

1575648103653.png