• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Development thread - Harry Fitroom Kit

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I must finish reading your book...I started it and didn't have time to work through the actual tutorials so left it until I got more time.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
I'd say it's worth reading through it even without doing the tutorial. Start at mmm chapter 15 ? that's I think where the supplemental chapters start explaining all the stuff I didn't cover in the main step by step bit. After the packing for distribution chapter. The rest of the book after that cover props, additional bones, custom rigs, weightmapped figures, dynamics, fur, troubleshooting, and a bunch of other things that are mainly conceptual but are good to know _before_ starting a project. Actually spacing out the chapters will probably give you more time to mentally absorb each one before adding more concepts in.

Oh and a note - displacement fur in poser11 is currently busted because of changes to how Poser handles displacement. You need to make Normal maps for P11 and not disp.

LM

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
your progress is really exciting!!!!!!!! I for one, am SO SO excited about the light carriage harness .... but regardless, this will be a MUST HAVE for sooo many reasons!

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
Dreamer - "How to Make Clothing for Poser: A Step by Step Guide" It's for sale here in PDF format and on Amazon as Kindle format and in paperback. I think the title says it all really :) But like it says on the tin, I go through one entire project literally step by step, from sketch through modeling and rigging, to the final packing for distribution. And then there is a stack of extra chapters on other stuff like I said above.

Lyne - tomorrow I will write up the tutorial and then do the promo renders. Then it needs to go to my editor and then beta testers and then store testers .... so with luck it should be ready for the store testers to look at in a week or so. Hopefully, if you know, poser doesn't implode or anything :) Oh and I still need to check MH2. There might be a little DS addendum there.

LM

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the info Lyrra...I bought the e version when I first saw it mentioned on the forums. I'm hoping to get chance to read it when my holidays start in two weeks.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
well unless DS is lying to me (always possible) I think I have the Milhorse 2 conversion part sorted out as well.
Mh2 to Harry knights converted.png
I'll include the export-import two step in the directions as DS doesnt have a Fitting Room. It is however, dead simple.

Time to refit this set with pose and deformers, plus rigging was less than five minutes. Tested on all the mh2 items I have (english saddle, western saddles, bridles, and 3 barding sets) seems to work. You may need to adjust small amount here and there or add a smoothing thing for HW horse breeds. I don't have any breeds so I cant test those, obviously.

LM

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh and a note - displacement fur in poser11 is currently busted because of changes to how Poser handles displacement. You need to make Normal maps for P11 and not disp.

LM

Displacement works fine in P11 if you are rendering with the Firefly engine. Superfly, however, does not do microdisplacement unless your object can be subdivided extensively. Converting your maps to Normal maps is pretty easy if you have Photoshop and the free Nvidia normal map filter.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
VortigensBane - well ...actually .... yes, kind of. Jump along in the directions to where the item is fitted and go to the next bit. So for poser, go into the fitroom and follow directions from there, from DS you start at the import obj step. If the saddle is already shaped to Harry, then its straight up rigging from there really, you don't need all the shaping tools in this set. This won't help you with fancy extras like custom rigged reins and whatnot, for that can I suggest my book as mentioned above? *lol*

And also ..

It is now submitted!
HorseConverter_MH2_HWimages.jpg HorseConverter_P4Horse_HWimages.jpg HorseConverter_Milhorse_HWimages.jpg HorseConverter_Charger_HWimages.jpg

This is probably the first time the P4Horse has made it to a promo image in a long long while *lol*

And I am sad .. I had a set of textures for the Charger that were sent to me as a gift by the maker. I don't remember who made them, but they had also made them for Daio's Heavy Horse. Alas, the charger textures didn't make it to my archives and so I have lost them for good. What a shame. At any rate here we have various conversions showing before and after for the Milhorse1, Milhorse 2, Poser4Horse and DAZ Charger. The original horse is always the back one.

LM

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
congrats on your submission! I'll be getting them once they hit the store!

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Sorry I've been away dealing with family stuff. As Lyne mentioned I'd love to be able to convert my milhorse costumes to work for Harry. Not sure what the problem is with the Wild Rose. There is a couple of props with it but the main costume is a figure and should respond to magnets.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
Daio - oh the body worked just fine. But you had set the Head on the bridle to not bend which drove me crazy until I thought to check for that *lol* Not a big deal in the end, it was just one more thing in a long string of sets that refused to cooperate in one way or another.
LM

jecnodde

Admirable
Well I have the heavy horse, and love it - before Harry it was my Nr1 choice whenever I needed a horse in a scene. Yes I had to use it morphs + one magnet to make it look real, but I loved how easy it was to pose the neck and that it looked like a big and powerfull coldblood breed (I grew up with swedish north horse and the Hh is the closest to look like them <3)

But I do understand not many ppl have the HH or the barding pack. The bardning pack have a bit + rein figure witch is darn easy to use with any figure, just use it as a parent insteed of conforming. I have used it on both Harry and Lynes moose

Great work on the conversions tool - I think its a wonderfull project :)

Dracorn

Inspired
VortigensBane - well ...actually .... yes, kind of. Jump along in the directions to where the item is fitted and go to the next bit. So for poser, go into the fitroom and follow directions from there, from DS you start at the import obj step. If the saddle is already shaped to Harry, then its straight up rigging from there really, you don't need all the shaping tools in this set. This won't help you with fancy extras like custom rigged reins and whatnot, for that can I suggest my book as mentioned above? *lol*

And also ..

It is now submitted!
View attachment 19778 View attachment 19779 View attachment 19780 View attachment 19781

This is probably the first time the P4Horse has made it to a promo image in a long long while *lol*

And I am sad .. I had a set of textures for the Charger that were sent to me as a gift by the maker. I don't remember who made them, but they had also made them for Daio's Heavy Horse. Alas, the charger textures didn't make it to my archives and so I have lost them for good. What a shame. At any rate here we have various conversions showing before and after for the Milhorse1, Milhorse 2, Poser4Horse and DAZ Charger. The original horse is always the back one.

LM
This looks great! I was just looking for some fitting.

I am a little confused though, the first picture looks like the Knightly Barding for Daz Horse 2, but your promo says Mil Horse 2 - is that a typo?

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
Same beastie ... the original one was the DAZ Millennium Horse and then they made the second one, which is DS only and so I have never used it. Looks like the official name is just DAZ Horse 2. Did I mention I never used it? *lol* Sorry for the confusion

LM