• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

L'Adair

Enthusiast
Thanks!!!! I think I will wait for the real release. I know macs are the Oliver Twists in the Daz world. Though I still can't even find the beta in my DIM so it's academic anyway:)

There's another issue, too. The announcement makes a big deal about this being dForce Hair support, but unless you are a Daz PA, you won't have the ability to apply the dForce Hair settings to your stranded hair. It's still a big step forward for DS, and I suspect most of us, moi, couldn't style hair decent enough to make a difference anyway!

Users can still create the stranded hair, but will only have the dForce cloth options for simulating/draping the resulting hair. For fur on animals, that may well be enough.

As for finding the beta in DIM, did you remember to tick the Public box in the Download settings? (I keep it off be default, only enabling it when I know there's a beta to download.)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
There's another issue, too. The announcement makes a big deal about this being dForce Hair support, but unless you are a Daz PA, you won't have the ability to apply the dForce Hair settings to your stranded hair. It's still a big step forward for DS, and I suspect most of us, moi, couldn't style hair decent enough to make a difference anyway!

Users can still create the stranded hair, but will only have the dForce cloth options for simulating/draping the resulting hair. For fur on animals, that may well be enough.

As for finding the beta in DIM, did you remember to tick the Public box in the Download settings? (I keep it off be default, only enabling it when I know there's a beta to download.)

Interesting! Thanks for sharing that info!

And yup I checked all the private, public, and etc boxes. I even had updated my DIM to the latest for this Mac. But yeah I think at this point I'm just going to wait til they release it for real and keep working on my LAMH presets I have cooking.

xmasrose

Eager
To be able to download the DS beta you may have to purchase it (it's free) before. I did that so long ago I'm not sure anymore.
Anyway thank you for making LAMH presets.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just saw they have now released DS 4.11. Not real impressed with the Daz Big Cat images that much.... but again the underlying model and rigging is... well... you decide:)

dforce-hair-for-big-cat-2-07-daz3d.jpg

Good old LAMH:

LionMalwLAMHClump50_4.jpg

I'm sure I will end up messing with the new daz hair, but I want to finish up my LAMH for Cougar/cub and Lion Family first.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The old MilBigCat was an excellent model for its time. Except for the paws. They were clunky. BgCat 2 managed somehow to make them even *worse*.

The ability to put hair on them may help. But no, not much impressed.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I just saw they have now released DS 4.11. Not real impressed with the Daz Big Cat images that much.... but again the underlying model and rigging is... well... you decide:)

View attachment 47436

Good old LAMH:

View attachment 47437

I'm sure I will end up messing with the new daz hair, but I want to finish up my LAMH for Cougar/cub and Lion Family first.

I'm wondering why DAZ is still showing and using that tired animal. Night and day difference between theirs and ours, hands down.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The original MilBigCat would have probably looked better with the new hair system than that one does.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Looks like a badly made soft toy not a real lion, its not just the paws that are off but something with the head too

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I believe it is because they believe in quantity instead of quality. I have not been very impressed by some of the recent animal models that have come out from them. Not to mention the model character morphs you have to buy now to get different body shape and such.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I believe it is because they believe in quantity instead of quality. I have not been very impressed by some of the recent animal models that have come out from them. Not to mention the model character morphs you have to buy now to get different body shape and such.

I have to disagree with this statement the quality at Daz in the main is pretty high. And you don't have to buy the character morphs, there are plenty of morph sets availble which dramatically change the base shape. And lets be real here even if their animals are not as good as those here they are well supported, their dog for example has several different breeds and lots of add ons for it.

One of the good things about the new hair system is its built of the Garibaldi system which was always more stable than LAMH, I can't even get LAMH to install on my new machine so its totally useless to me.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm wondering why DAZ is still showing and using that tired animal. Night and day difference between theirs and ours, hands down.
Easy, the vilify your great work to keep possible consumers interest negative but they meantime have to sell their....well....something. So they sell their tired old animals. Except for a few most fall much short to yours Chris and those D/S users have to use something....right? I am NOT saying that to blow smoke up your....well...where it does NOT belong! Just stating my facts as I believe them! ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I have to disagree with this statement the quality at Daz in the main is pretty high. And you don't have to buy the character morphs, there are plenty of morph sets availble which dramatically change the base shape. And lets be real here even if their animals are not as good as those here they are well supported, their dog for example has several different breeds and lots of add ons for it.

One of the good things about the new hair system is its built of the Garibaldi system which was always more stable than LAMH, I can't even get LAMH to install on my new machine so its totally useless to me.
Not skill but yes quantity...but that is also mostly quantity of creative crew to offer a lot of stuff in support of any character released. So?! Yes, they have many breeds but if they are clunky functionally every breed is clunky functionally. DAZ has a long history of NOT really completely supporting figures (also gotta establish your meaning of supporting) once released in my experience and I was with them since they were NOT DAZ but Zygote!