• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Cull to Cash - Making Old Products New Again

English Bob

Adventurous
I have a couple of good characters for Sydney (by Plus3D and Andolaurina), but I probably use Miki and Olivia more. It's also possible to derive morphs so that each of the G2 females can have some of the other ones' head shapes mixed in.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I doubt there's a market, but there are people still using the earlier figures. I find it easier to get a good variety of 'actors' by using different figures, as long as I can work with their limitations. Nearly all V4 characters still have that family resemblance when you put them side-by-side...

The cast list on one of my current projects includes weight mapped V3, the G2 males and females, and even Victoria 1. Antonia is on standby. :)

I can make or refit most things, but I'll still snap up a useful item when I see one if it will make life easier. That doesn't constitute a market, by any means. :D

V1/2! Cool if that can be weight mapped and joints fixed as you move her round also would be GREAT if she can be remapped to adapt V4 textures to her I would gleefully pay for that if properly done. Sometimes I use her in content rich scenes where multiple figures are needed. Ditto same functions for greatly neglected M2 as well to do the same stuff M4 Does. I still use her a lot but get frustrated with her wonky joints and not being able to get her (and him) to render like V4/M4 doe because of the difference in mapping.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Of the Victorias and Michaels, V2 amd M2 were my favorites.
I liked their mapping but they did not look as good with higher res maps as the newer ones.
I was not fond of Sydney, that head shape was awful!
....and I was REALLY, REALLY NOT fond of Mikki. Her feet were dreadfully U.G.L.Y.!!!.......as were her hands. Though her face and some body pats worked beautifully, with a mile deep foot fetish they just did not warm me enough to use her.
Funny I followed Antoinia through her whole development process and so looked forward to using her but when i finally got her and invested in some of her morphs and textures wound up taking back seat to v4 for many reasons. Never liked her face and feet either BTW even with the SMALL assortment of morphs and textures made available for her during her short life.
BTW, on your site do the last items available for her at RDNA before they closed, appear too?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Too bad. There was little enough stuff available for her now there is even less. Had the community gotten on the wagon with her and offered more morphs and textures and accessories to make investing in her more attractive.....well.....no point kvetching....they didn't. Too bad yet another good possibility bites the dust. The trend now is seeing so much stuff for the G Series figures for D/S and no more for the Mil4 figures and Poser. Soon enough those too might disappear if the community trend continues. As much as I love what is being done here for creating great character for Poser continuance (the best I've seen since I started in his community what seems like a lifetime ago) The Hive seems too small to compete.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I doubt the few who made retail items for her bothered to shift them to DAZ.
Hivewire does not host any of her stuff, it is on my web site now, I've always hosted her free items.
It would be nice if someone else also hosted her and her items.
As it stands, if I get to a point where I am too ill or something happens then she will no longer have a site.

She is not as pretty out out of the box as Dawn and was never as popular but she does have some good points.
This is the result of my morph and texture work on her, converting this texture to Dawn soon.

Helene_MU-04.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That is a nice texture and face Morph.
The human element has so much to do with this community....at every phase....which, alas, includes hosting.
I got frustrated using her because of all the incompatible upgrades that came out when she was first released I just couldn't keep up with them all. I should have just deleted all her stuff and reinstalled only the most recent compatible stuff. Unfortunately as I said there just weren't as many fix morphs, and textures and stuff for her as there were for V4 which I was too greatly invested in which is the same reason I have not started working with Dawn though I have seen some nice work with her. Due to the nature of my work even out of the box there just wasn't enough there to warrant investing in her. I got the base figure and some stuff afterwards from the store but not enough even with the fix and updating morphs to warrant my interest and most especially INVESTMENT.
have you thought about getting in touch with some of the last commercial content creators (especially those offering on RDNA) and ask if they would be interested in offering those now dead store items as freebies on your site at least to get her out there?

It is sad because so much work went into creating them I feel I somehow betrayed their respective creators. :(

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think she may have done better by re-naming her to something that would catch interest.
The work was great and many of us supported her but we needed other to do so.

I am not sure if ODF is still around or if he just gave up.

Apollo was a great male model too and free as well but never gained as much support as needed.
I still have him and love to work with the texture and morphs on him.

I'm hoping Dawn and Dusk keep getting support as they are fantastic models and deserve it. :)