• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Cull to Cash - Making Old Products New Again

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
There are a number of Artists whose stores have been or will be closed at other marketplaces. We have received several inquires as to whether we will accept their products at HiveWire 3D. The answer is YES, however, there are a few conditions.

We want to create a win/win/win relationship for your products. If they catch the attention of customers and are purchased, we all win - you, HiveWire 3D AND your customer! There were reasons you were inspired to create these products. are they still good reasons? Have there been changes, positive or negative growth, or updates in the area of what initially inspired you? You can think of this as an opportunity to reconnect with your self, your art and your brand. You may also have a bit of fun!

So what can you do to assist that to happen?

1-Email us support@hivewire3d.com with a list of product details and a few promotional images.
  • Tell us what you plan to update and how you plan to make the product new again. We will discuss your potential submission and notify you as to whether we think it's worth making updates to make your product new again or if it's time has come and gone.

2-Update your product!
  • There have been advances in lighting, materials and render engines since your product was finished. While you may not want to revisit an old product because "it's DONE" (totally understood), it might be the smartest thing you can do. You get to work with something that's familiar and also apply things you've learned between the time you created it and now.
  • You already know your products were not selling which is why they were culled. Investing time in updating them could make the difference. The time invested in updating your products is an investment in yourself, your brand and your future royalties.
  • Make sure your product works well in the most current versions of Poser (10+) and/or DAZ Studio (4.10). Consider creating Iray or Superfly materials. If that's beyond your current skill level, look to make them COMPATIBLE with the newer engines (ie, they render in them without something disappearing or turning black).
  • Update old formats to current ones. This means .duf files for DAZ Studio (at the least, .duf materials optimized for DAZ Studio) and .mc6 files for Poser materials (no old .pz2 mat poses).
  • Note that for products to be listed as DAZ Studio compatible, they must have DAZ Studio format files, not just Poser files that "can" work in DS.
  • If you have several related products you might consider combining them into one package.

3-Create NEW promotional images!
  • Treat your product like you've never rendered it before, and show us - and potential customers - what it can do! If you don't feel you can do adequate renders, find someone who might do it in exchange for a copy of the product.
  • As our audience continues to grow, there will be new people exposed to your products who may have never seen them before. Your promotional images must hold up next to the products that are released on the same page as your product.

4-Submit your new product.
  • Use the submission form to submit your product to our Quality Assurance Verification team.

Questions?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had thought about transferring mine here but only a few would sell.
Most are V3 M3 or the Poser models, not newer models.
So I'm thinking of using the older sets as freebies later if I get back into things.
Right now I am on break from doing actual retail items and only playing a bit now and then.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The earliest Victoria and Michael figures we support are V4 & M4, so V3 & M3 items would not be something to bring here.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The earliest Victoria and Michael figures we support are V4 & M4, so V3 & M3 items would not be something to bring here.

No, and not the older poser people either.
And also Antonia Polygon stuff, although she was a great model to work with, loved the way she took textures and her bending for poses was great.
As for her face and body style, morphs changed a lot of that.
I still work with her for fun.

But there is no market for that stuff anymore, not even sure anyone still uses them :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@Faery_Light I am hunting Antonia stuff as I want to use her more, using M4/V4 less and less my even end up uninstalling them soon

Dreamer, I've hosted her free site from the beginning when ODF created her.
The site was switched to a new server but it is still there.
Almost all of her free items, including all the versions of her are here. . .

AntoniasFreeItems

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Just to put it out there, I'm willing to work on Superfly and/or modern P11 Firefly materials for a small percentage. Well, small, assuming your product isn't a shader set.:giggle:

English Bob

Adventurous
But there is no market for that stuff anymore, not even sure anyone still uses them :)

I doubt there's a market, but there are people still using the earlier figures. I find it easier to get a good variety of 'actors' by using different figures, as long as I can work with their limitations. Nearly all V4 characters still have that family resemblance when you put them side-by-side...

The cast list on one of my current projects includes weight mapped V3, the G2 males and females, and even Victoria 1. Antonia is on standby. :)

I can make or refit most things, but I'll still snap up a useful item when I see one if it will make life easier. That doesn't constitute a market, by any means. :D

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Of the Victorias and Michaels, V2 amd M2 were my favorites.
I liked their mapping but they did not look as good with higher res maps as the newer ones.
I was not fond of Sydney, that head shape was awful!