• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating clothing for Diva in Daz Studio

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So. . . I've been working on this pair of children's shoes, that I almost have finished up. Originally they were for Luna, but then Diva came out, and I made a version for Diva in Poser. All is well and good. I've gotten the Luna version into DS and they seem to work just fine, although I'm waiting to hear back on beta testers to be sure but. . . I can't seem to make them work for Diva in DS.

This is what seems to be the problem. As I said the shoes started out for Luna. I scaled up and adjusted the geometry so they would fit Diva, and then in Poser I did the rigging ect. But there isn't a scaled version for Dawn's feet at their normal size. When I bring them into DS, whether I bring in the Poser version or just the geometry, they fit fine, until I Fit to Dawn. Then it tries to apply the Diva morph to my shoes and they shrink down.

So is there a way to create something that doesn't reapply the morph? I may misunderstand Daz but I thought in order to get something to conform you have to fit it to the figure. And once it's fit to the figure, I can no longer scale it, so I can't force the shoes back into place that way.

So is there anyway to make this workable inside of DS without remaking the shoes for Dawn's base mesh?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have you tried reloading the original object and calling the morph plDiva, you would need to change unique to deltas.

My usual process for creating items for Diva is to send Diva to Zbrush, make the item. Send it to DS. Rig it and select reverse source which is one of the last options. Generally it will initially muck up the clothing as it fits it Dawn and then refits it to Diva. I then zero Dawn and at this point I send the object a second time and I load it as a morph. I name the morph as plDiva, select where I want the morph to reside and where it asks do you want this morph to be unique I change it to Deltas instead of Yes. This will allow you to override the morph created by auto follow. I've found that I get problems if the morph is active when I try to override.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Okay, I followed the first part of what you were saying. I did the reverse source, and that looks good, until I try to save it to the library and load it back up. I'm not sure what you mean by this next step:

I then zero Dawn and at this point I send the object a second time and I load it as a morph

Send the object where. . . ? Do you mean export an OBJ file and then reload as a morph? I tried this but for some reason I'm getting a warning that the geometry doesn't match, so somehow I've done something wrong.

Also just an organization question. Since DS tends to put clothing in the People section of the Content Library, should something made for Diva go in People/Dawn/Clothing or People/Diva/Clothing/ or in some other place? I'm just curious what people who use DS would prefer/would make sense to them.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hover the mouse over the name on the Parameters tab, right click and go to zero/zero figure. When you hover over the name and right click a menu dialogue will show up.

You can also access the same menu by clicking on the triangle on the right hand side of the tab at the top.

I reimport the object (in my case I'm sending it from Zbrush via goZ, sorry for the confusion).

When you saved the object what resolution did you save it at? In DS when I export the object via goZ I first lower the subdivision level in the parameters tab to zero. You can find the subdivision under Mesh Resolution. This might be what's causing the problem. The only other thing that could cause it is not having the correct item selected in the scene tab when loading the morph(I have done this from time to time)

Try importing your object into DS, check the subdivision level and the re-export it with the subdivision level at zero. Then try importing the morph into the object file you've rigged.

I would normally save things to People/Dawn/Clothing/Diva because Diva is a morph of Dawn not a separate model.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Still having issues, although I've made it further along. I did figure out the geometry not matching issue. So now I've exported a variety of versions of the geometry that I can load back in, but none of them seem to work.

1. Load Dawn into an empty scene. Make sure to manually apply the Diva shape morph (I tried just using the one that DS finds automatically, and it messed things up later). I also made sure the the Mesh resolution was set to 0 at this point.
2. Load my Poser version of the shoes.
3. With the Shoes selected go to Edit/Figure/Rigging/Convert Figure to Weight Mapping, and choose triax.
4. Open the Transfer Utility, here's how I have it setup. I found things never worked if I had Dawn morphed as Diva, and used Shape:Current, I had to manually select the morph:

5. I usually didn't zero Dawn at this point, because I found zeroing her turned SubD back on. Instead I would just dial back the plDiva morph.
6. My issue with wrong geometry is because DS didn't care what I had selected, it was making everything in the scene part of the new .obj file. I found I could get around this by clicking the eye icon next to Dawn to hide her. Then when I selected the shoes and exported, they alone became part of the new .obj file.

At this point I want to say I have a version that seems to work as expected in DS. Of course if I save it to the content library, I get shoes that look fine on Dawn, because the geometry becomes a horrible mess when I dial in Diva.

8. With the shoes selected I go to Morph Loader Pro and set things like this:

I seem to get a variety of different results and I haven't been able to figure out why I get one set or the other. Either the geometry explodes when I dial in Diva, or the shoes become teeny tiny (so small they seem to disappear).

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. I have at various points, and with various iterations created 3 versions of the geometry, one version is identical to the original, so I'm pretty sure that's not what I want. One version is big, and Dawn sized (the steps I outlined above give me that version) and one is a smaller smooched up version of the shoes. I'm not really sure what the OBJ/morph file should look like at this point, so maybe that's why it's not working.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'd offer to have a look at it but won't get time until after Monday. I'm flat out at the moment trying to get Deidre finished and Friday I have to visit a friend and see her new baby. Sunday and Monday I'll be busy as I'm going into have a colonoscopy done on Monday but I could have a look at it on Tuesday and see what is happening?

If I'm understanding correctly you now have a pair of shoes that fits Dawn. That's great, so now we need to get a pair of shoes that will fit Diva. The settings on morph loader appear to be correct. What scale did you export the object at? I've found I get problems when I've exported at Poser and then imported at DS scale by mistake.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the offer of help. I'll check the scale settings. I feel like I did notice at one point that they weren't set to Poser, which I had though they had been the whole time, so maybe that's what's throwing things off.

If I haven't been able to figure out the settings by Monday, I'll send you the files. At least you've given me enough hints that I know what sort of things I'm looking for/trying to do.