• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Copy Morphs with Python?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
OMG That is what I am trying to do and failing badly at! Glad to see I am not the only nut-job betting my head on this one ;)

The current version was used to apply/remove bikini tan line overlays over the existing textures. Luckily for me, all the affected body groups use the same textures in Dawn, which has simplified things because I only needed 1 mask. However, if I want to apply my tiger stripe overlays, they require multiple masks, so the script would need to be more complex, affecting torso, arms and legs. I will eventually make a script just for that. :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
The current version was used to apply/remove bikini tan line overlays over the existing textures. Luckily for me, all the affected body groups use the same textures in Dawn, which has simplified things because I only needed 1 mask. However, if I want to apply my tiger stripe overlays, they require multiple masks, so the script would need to be more complex, affecting torso, arms and legs. I will eventually make a script just for that. :)
I am trying to do something similar for the horse, I was running off Shaderworks Advanced Shaders 1.5 but now that that has been pulled I need another method. So far more headache the progres :confused:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
We used to have some talented Python guys doing the job for us, but now most of them left. Some of my best scripts from ShaderWorks now crash Poser 11, and he has retired, so no updates. Many of my scripts from Dimension3D still work, but some only partially in Poser 11. D3D has passed away, so no more opdates. PhilC has also retired. I guess we have to do own Python scripts from now on.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
yeah we have lost a lot of folks one way or another :( I am worried I wont be able to get the hang of coding and have to shelve a number of projects I have going, at least one was just about ready for store too, just needed a final testing.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I find coding with Poser Python more tedious than difficult, because we have to consider many side-situations to bullet-proof it. I mean all the things people can do that they were not supposed to do, but they can and most likely will do. ;p

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
My brain is just not set up to understand complex coding, more's the pity, just when I think I have it I find I don't. So far I haven't even been able to get a working bit of code the will change the value of the reflection input on the main surface node let alone the more complex mess of adding overlays. I can almost "see" what's needed but there is something I keep missing

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Things have become a little more complex for Python with Poser 11 because we now have 2 sets of materials to deal with, while in older versions it was just a single one. So if you want to pick the reflection node, FIRST you need to know if the current material actually has one, because Supefly physical materials don't even know what a reflection node is. With the advent of PBR shaders, we now have to work in double with Python.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
All of what I am trying to achieve is based of the Poser root node, I am not even thinking of trying to mess with Cycles or the Physical root node.
From what I understand, as long as the SF shaders are built of the Poser root node it should work more or less the same at least for things that don't have reflection or refraction. So skin, animal or human, shouldn't be too big a problem. Well that is the theory and we all know how well that works out lol.
You know I do believe we may have just slightly derailed the thread :oopsie:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I would say anything that requires metals, though we can simulate them with non-PBR shaders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey @Dreamer and @Ken1171 if you want I could move these posts to Poser - Scripts in the Using 3D Software Poser Subforum, starting with your posting of your Beach Girl and her tan lines. ;)

Just let me know what you want the Title of the thread to be, or you could pick a Title and start the thread, and then I'll move the appropriate posts to it. How's that sound?

Miss B

CV-BEE
No problem Dreamer, as it's a good bit of information, so just moving it to a more appropriate location will help those who are watching this conversion, myself included. ;)

I'll take care of it as soon as Ken starts a new thread for it. If not before I get offline tonight, then first thing when I get online tomorrow.

Hornet3d

Wise
We used to have some talented Python guys doing the job for us, but now most of them left. Some of my best scripts from ShaderWorks now crash Poser 11, and he has retired, so no updates. Many of my scripts from Dimension3D still work, but some only partially in Poser 11. D3D has passed away, so no more opdates. PhilC has also retired. I guess we have to do own Python scripts from now on.

I use scripts from all of those mentioned so I miss them all.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, all posts on Ken's Python script have been moved to this thread at Ken's suggestion, so carry on. ;)