• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Converting Clothing from Poser to DS & DS to Poser-VIDEOS

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're welcome :) I think he put them up when Dawn was first released, and they used to be linked at the old forum ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well it's good that you linked to them again on the new forum. I'm sure folks will find them useful. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for sharing these. I had figured out some of this on my own already, but it helps to know the things like the best order to get your morphs over nicely.

Darryl

Adventurous
So would you be able to auto fit non-Dawn clothing using the recent clones, then convert to Poser?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You possibly could...you just wouldn't be able to distribute them. I find that the few times I've attempted to convert from DS to Poser that there is a lot of work in it. For your own use though it wouldn't be as much work.

Darryl

Adventurous
You possibly could...you just wouldn't be able to distribute them. I find that the few times I've attempted to convert from DS to Poser that there is a lot of work in it. For your own use though it wouldn't be as much work.

Sounds like an experimental project. I've not even installed Dawn/Dusk in DS but if I could use it as a large, bloated, version of Wardrobe Wizard that would be kinda cool, lol. What issues off the top of your head should I look out for?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Distortion on the autofit...be prepared if you want a perfect finish to send it to a modeller and tidy up any distortion.
Mainly in skirts along the symmetry line but you will find other spots from time to time depending on the outfit.
Importing into Poser I'm still learning myself. I tend to have problems with missing parts of the mesh which I've been told is due to mesh issues(my own meshes...they work fine in DS though). My problems might resolve themselves though if I knew Poser better.

Darryl

Adventurous
Distortion on the autofit...be prepared if you want a perfect finish to send it to a modeller and tidy up any distortion.
Mainly in skirts along the symmetry line but you will find other spots from time to time depending on the outfit.
Importing into Poser I'm still learning myself. I tend to have problems with missing parts of the mesh which I've been told is due to mesh issues(my own meshes...they work fine in DS though). My problems might resolve themselves though if I knew Poser better.

Thanks, I'll set aside a few hours (or days) to work on that. ;)

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
I'm needing help in creating materials from poser to Daz Studio format,and smart props in Daz Studio, never used Daz Studio much so, hum it's the BR Battle Buddy for Boy Bot

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
There is now a recording available for purchase from the awesome webinar Paul Lessard did last month

Mastering Clothing Conversion Between Poser and DS - A Digital Art Live Creation at HiveWire 3D

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I am so over trying to download with HiveWire...this is stupid...I can get 6 then it tries to download the same numbers and wont work....then it tries to extract before I have even finished downloading...and of course because I don't have it all it FAILS!!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Okay I have got it...but only by downloading one at a time...if I tried any more than 1 it wouldn't work!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you were able to get it, Sanbie - I know I downloaded the files 6 at a time, without any problems, so it isn't HiveWire, it's likely your Browser and/or your Internet connection. I don't understand what would cause the files to automatically start to try to extract. Zip files don't work like that and HiveWire has no method of automatically installing products.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I can't understand it myself Alisa...HiveWire is the only site I have trouble with...