• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content piracy, why should I sell here if you don't do anything about it?

Bonnie

New-Bee
I've been kicked out of all the leading broker's forums for holding people's feet to the fire regarding content thievery. While everyone says they "take it seriously", none do an effing, bloody, stinking thing except give lip service. The punks who feel entitled to enjoy my hard work and dedication for nothing, share items unhindered in one main site. There was a time not so long ago when Renderotica items where never seen in the file sharing sites because 'The Doc' sent out takedown notices as soon as something appeared. It got to the point where they no longer bothered posting any R'otica items because they knew it would be taken down in minutes. And boy, where they pissed about it. The Doc recently passed on and no one at R'otica bothers anymore and their items are now traded along with the others. If it's soooo easy to send out takedown notices, why aren't you (or anyone else) doing it?
I'm looking at selling my items through Summoner's site. He doesn't do anything either but he at least doesn't charge any fees. I get 100% of the selling price. For that, I can send out my own DMCA takedowns.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi Bonnie,

I don't believe we've met. I don't think any of us like seeing our hard work end up on file sharing sites. What makes you think we do not take content piracy seriously or that we do not send out DMCA notices? Perhaps Summoner's site (not that I even know who/what that is) is a good fit for you.

Enjoy your day.