• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Clothing for Luna or Fits of Artistic Madness

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
In what I am calling a fit of artistic madness, I made 26 diaper covers for Luna. They are currently just the texture files and a bump that can be used as both bump and displacement. Is there a place to put them for free? Or I could put them on ShareCG. But I am really bad about getting all the files right, and it's just textures for the free diaper that comes with her. SO, yeah. I had to stop! or if someone wants to package them that would be cool, too. Or am I barking mad?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
IM-Diapers 1 Promo.jpg IM-Diapers 2 Promo.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks! So, is ShareCG the way to go? Or is there someplace here that I don't know about yet? I don't think I could sell them because they are textures for someone else's creation. Anyway, they need to just have a home, so..

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Very cute, Dakorillon! Hivewire has a Resources section of the forum where you may upload freebies of up to 5mb in size. Larger than that and Sharecg is the best place.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, I was working on the sleeper, and my zipper is blowing up, what am I doing wrong? I don't have the zipper even in the displacement map.
Blue Fuzzy Swirls.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Never mind! I figured it out! lol I did have it on the zipper! Okay, now I can do more mad artistic fuzzy sleepers! I'm going to put the diapers together tomorrow, I think I can get them small enough without degrading the textures.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks! So, is ShareCG the way to go? Or is there someplace here that I don't know about yet? I don't think I could sell them because they are textures for someone else's creation. Anyway, they need to just have a home, so..

Just so you know, you probably could sell these, even though you don't own the model, they would simply be a product that required Baby Luna to work. That being said, if you were going to try and sell them you might have to put more work into properly packaging them than you want to. That being said, if you just want to make them a freebie here's how you would post them on this site. If when you zip them up, they are less than 5mb in size, then you would click on the Resources link up at the top. On the resources page in the upper right corner you can add a resource.

If the files are too large, you could also do what I've done in the past, create a resource here with a link to someplace like dropbox. That's how I've avoided figuring out how to share stuff on ShareCG.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the heads up on the fact that they could be sold. I'm still trying to figure out what can and can't be done. I know it has to be all your own textures, bumps and trans to sell. So, got that down pat!

I suppose I have to figure out how to get things ~Ready~ for sale, even if I decide to give them away. It's good practice, so that I know when I get my Fantasy Harry Skins done.

I have the diapers saved as material files for DAZ, currently, but I may have to redo the material files, because I was thinking about optimizing the textures to that they aren't so big. And I would like to do a few pins to match and give a little more variety. I don't know how to do Iray materials, so they won't have that, but baby steps...get it? But I can see more diaper covers and maybe matching beanies or headbands, in the future, as they are simple and fun to do.

As for the sleepers I'm working on a bunch of them, they don't match the diapers in general, but they will be fuzzy for the most part. I have to work on some of the details for them, as they are more complex than the diapers.

So, beside the textures, and the material dufs, is there any other DAZ files that I have to gather?

And I do have 2 accounts on ShareCG. One under Dakorillon and one under Immortal Moments. So, I know how to do that. But I only have one file under each! lol.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, opinions requested! Should I leave the white sewing thread? or remove it? It looks pretty odd when you are up close, but not too bad when farther away, I don't know how to make it "lie down" in the sewn areas. And look at the cute little footsies! bwhhaaaahahahahah
Pink Tiger Sleeper-White Thread.jpg
Pink Tiger Sleeper-New.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine! I like them too!

Okay, I have all the textures for the sleepers I'm doing at the moment, I have them properly named with my mark and name and in separate folders for theme. I know that I have to save each of the files as a material setting and take a picture.

But, where do I put the textures so that they will be in the right part of the hierarchy for other people? And do I need any other files except the Material dufs and the Textures? This is where I start running into confusion.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good...I'd ditch the white thread also.

Textures for both programs go in Content(My Library)/Runtime/Textures/Your Folder

I normally have Pendraia/Dawn/Diva so it's easy to locate the textures.

When packing just include from the the runtime down...don't include the content folder itself as people often have different names for their content folder. Mine is actually called My Daz Library.

Also when rendering displacement fur/fuzziness don't forget to check your render settings and your shader rate. The lower it is the finer the furriness. Also is the wrists and the sleeves meant to be chunkier or has that just happened? Playing with the subD can make that finer if that is the effect you want. It may be that those areas are lower poly and that is why that is happening Displacement can rip meshes apart sometimes when they are lower poly. Also bucket size if you get odd things happening can sometimes help.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I suppose I have to figure out how to get things ~Ready~ for sale, even if I decide to give them away. It's good practice, so that I know when I get my Fantasy Harry Skins done.

So if you go to the main Hivewire page, and start clicking through the sell links as if you were going to submit a product for sale, you'll eventually find this link Information Kit it has the basic guidelines on what's expected. It mostly comes down paying attention to a lot of detail, and a lot of time spent organizing and cleaning up files. It's not necessarily that hard, it's just a lot of small adjustments and fiddling. Although I may feel that way because I'm enough of a perfectionist, that once I get started trying to get something ready, it takes me forever to feel I'm ready to submit.