• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

China Blaze for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hehe thanks! There is a lot we can do by mix and matching Dawn's existing morphs. ^^

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure but I think I have one or two Dawn products at CP.
I put them there before I joined here.
May update them and move them here though.
And I have other things for the DAZ Studio models there as well and several freebies.

Love that set, Ken, and I am going over to see more of it. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Faery_Light: Oh so you sell there too? I have recently posted a new outfit for Pauline at CP, and I am still surprised there is an actual demand so far. But I wondered if there was a demand for Dawn products, so I've posted ~China Blaze~ there to test the waters. But I don't expect to see any movement there until April because of the after Xmas side-effect. ;p

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm, just checked and it appears I removed them I found issues and haven't updated then yet...lol.
But my freebies for Dawn are on sharecg.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ken, your product looks great. We all wish you well with it. We're so delighted to see you creating products to support Dawn. Kudos to you.

I hope down the line you will consider still, publishing products to sell at HiveWire.

As to the quite thorough explanation on percentages offered to contributing artists from HiveWire, Alisa did a great job explaining things. If you have any other concerns about it, please feel free to email me directly or skype with me. I'm very confident that our set up is very fair and should not be considered as being a penalty in anyway.

You know by past experience Ken that we've done a great deal to hash out any issues you may have, and we've skyped for many hours with you to further advance your product issues and concerns, and we're still here to give aid as much as we can.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'd like to add my thoughts to this as well.
While having CP for the Poser figures to support them, I'd rather start transferring my other items to Hivewire 3D.

The reason is not just to be exclusive but that there is more exposure to the people who buy than there is at CP and you get good support from the teams.
If you have a problem there is someone to help, a team member or another vendor.
At CP, you are on your own with the store and it's uploading or updating issues.
I don't feel so alone here.

So Ken, what I'm trying to say is Hivewire is a great place to be. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Chris: Please don't get me wrong - I just needed to test the Dawn market at CP. I still have plenty of new products coming to the HW store, one of which is already being developed with the participation of the HW community at the forums. If CP proves to have no significant demand for Dawn products, I will promptly move that product back to HW. But if there is a demand for Dawn products at CP, that's something I am willing to explore as well. There is no need to explain the HW exclusivity deal - I've knew it from the beginning. Maybe it's just me, but anything bearing 50% or less is no longer a good deal to me. That's why I have closed my Rosity store back in 2005, and have no wishes to sell at RuntimeDNA - they are all 50% deals, which to me [personally] is unacceptable. I am by no means abandoning HW. It's just something I need to test over there - something I have been wondering for quite a while. Selling that product here under 45% royalties falls way below my personal standards as a vendor. I just can't do it.

Nonetheless, I have concerns in some different areas, and I have spent some time today putting them in writing for you. Some of them are just decisions I have to make on my part, and some are concerning decisions HW have done until now. Much of this came from me putting a new Dawn product at CP, where I had a store since 2005. It made me realize some things I haven't really discussed until now.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ken, I received your email. Thanks for that. I'll gladly respond to you tomorrow.

We are a small team and are trying out best to balance our product efforts in a number of ways. We are by no means abandoning Dawn. I personally have a myriad of things planned for her. One of which is still the Anime Dawn version that you and I discussed with some length.

I'll explain more tomorrow in email. But know that we're in for the long haul creatively. We're still trying to establish a base of figures to grow from, and not just human figures.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Chris. Yes, I understand the current strategy. It is just that I've planned mine based on a different assumption, where Dawn's needs would be addressed in the first 2 years, like it happened with V4, which led to her market success. At this point Anime Dawn is the least of my concerns - since 2013 I had enough time to model my own universal Anime heads (2 so far) to use with Dawn and other figures. I am sure HW has plans for Dawn somewhere in the future - I am just disappointed that this future was way more distant than I expected. Like I said, I started this with different expectations. I can't blame anyone for what I thought would [or should] had happened. I was betting that Dawn would take precedence as the flagship product. In my mind it made sense that it would be better to have even if just one product with deeper support than several with less options. Things went the other way around. That was HW's decision, and I have to respect it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Gotcha Ken. I'll try to keep my response brief here. I don't want to take anymore attention away from your product for this thread you've started here. If I'm too verbose here this portion may get moved elsewhere.

We could model every jot and tittle into Dawn and many would still be unsatisfied with her. Some because we're HiveWire and not some one else. Others because we don't have the wardrobe robustness to support Dawn from day one or even now. Others may disregard Dawn for other personal or subjective reasons. We have done, and still do the best we can to provide a solid female figure base in Dawn, and Dawn SR1, and since last August with Dawn SE. We can't internally provide all the seemingly necessary support items for Dawn. We very much depend on contributing artist to provide those items. I have personally modeled several base supporting clothing items for Dawn and Dusk, but we need more for sure. From folks like you that have the ability, talent and interest in moving Dawn forward.

We'll keep her going. I've recently modeled a base ponytail product that will work for Dawn, Dusk and Baby Luna and we'll add even more to that hairstyle with add-ons. I don't want to just be creating for Dawn only, or even primarily, but a balanced approach spreading the love to all our figures, with hopes that CA's will help fill the gaps. I feel strongly that we need to develop our base and have several products to offer in hopes of appealing to many folks. If some folks have their (other) human figures that they prefer to use that's fine, but they might come to HiveWire to pick up our Horse or other base items and come back again and again. I don't think HiveWire should be based on any one primary figure or product, but rather many that we can continue to build from, as long as they're strong offerings that would have the appeal to create from.

Now, having said that, there is a reason though that I modeled Dawn first. The female product has the best overall sustainable value, and if it can be done right has potential to take root. ANY, new female figure being introduced in this market has an uphill battle. We're not afraid of the battle and so Dawn was created first. Many folks said we should steer away from human figures and instead create supporting figures. But Lisa and I didn't want to do that. We saw how the divide between Studio and Poser was going and wanted to offer a figure line that would hopefully appeal to all folks whatever language they speak. Ford or Chevy or Poser or Studio. We want our figures to work equally well in both, and so we continue to do that as long as it's viable to do so.

Another note here, and I mentioned this on a post at Rendo last week, that we don't have the ability to buy out a dozen or so products for any particular product release and already have the eyeballs on us like at other stores. So we do what we can, and balance the products the best we can and strive to continue to attract folks to us. Lisa and I believe that if we continue to offer solid products with significant advancements, without getting too broad in our offerings and continue to support what we have (like Dawn and Dusk), and couple that with a great store experience and a fun, informative and friendly forum, that we have potential for continual growth and stability. Add to that the welcoming and supportive artists, which are so vital to our existence. So we continue to build and move forward the best we can and balance what we can with the resources that we have.

If you'd like us to be creating something specific for Dawn that has a broad appeal (the low hanging fruit concept), please let me know. I don't want you or anyone else to feel abandoned or feel that they've been led astray. Communication is key.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I DID IT!! I GOT IN !! I do NOT like shopping there at all, I am very VERY uncomfortable, BUT this is just HOW MUCH I wanted China Blaze and also been dying to get AD's (hope I got that right) textures for the Rendo Dawn Kimono! So grabbed what I wanted and ran! LOL!! Thank GOODNESS they take paypal now, as I would NOT give them a cc (don't want to publically mention what they used demand for additional information).... I really really do not like shopping there, but now I have an account if there is something very special.

I MUCH prefer supporting/shopping at HiveWire, just my own feelings.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for your support Lyne! Depending on how things go, I might move that item here in May. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, NA! I was originally going to make it for Aiko4, but in the end I made it for Dawn because I knew Anime Dawn was coming up at some point. ^^