• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Cart won't update when trying to use reward points

Mustakettu85

Motivated
Hi everyone,
I am trying to have reward points applied at checkout, but the "updating cart information" message in the "Totals" box seems to have stuck. I tried in Firefox, Opera and even IE.
The "updating cart information" message is triggered obviously whenever I type any number of points or click the "use maximum" box. It's interesting to note that afterwards Firefox begins to say that "Firefox has blocked parts of this page that are not secure" (before trying to add reward points it does not display this message). I tried disabling protection to see if this will somehow make the page recompute the totals, but it doesn't seem to work.
Is there any known workaround for this?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 2018-11-25 18_42_18 hivewire.png
    2018-11-25 18_42_18 hivewire.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 220

Nod

Adventurous
I'm having a similar problem, only it's not moving onto payment. My virus killer is saying that the site link is invalid and giving a security when it should be going to PayPal. Never had that problem before.

Nod

Adventurous
I seem to be the only person still having trouble. I've cleared all cookies and even tried a different browser. I still get bounced back to the checkout when I try to pay though. :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, the only thing I've tried are the links, and now they are showing secured. I haven't tried purchasing anything lately, so not sure if I would have the same problem you're having. I'll make sure Lisa sees you're still having problems.

OK, another thing I was just thinking of . . . aside from clearing cookies, have you dumped your browser cache, or is that what you meant by clearing the cookies?

Nod

Adventurous
Hi everyone,
I am trying to have reward points applied at checkout, but the "updating cart information" message in the "Totals" box seems to have stuck. I tried in Firefox, Opera and even IE.
The "updating cart information" message is triggered obviously whenever I type any number of points or click the "use maximum" box. It's interesting to note that afterwards Firefox begins to say that "Firefox has blocked parts of this page that are not secure" (before trying to add reward points it does not display this message). I tried disabling protection to see if this will somehow make the page recompute the totals, but it doesn't seem to work.
Is there any known workaround for this?
Thank you in advance.

I can't even delete the points to start again, unless I remove all the items.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We are still looking into this, however, we do have people who are able to check out and use the Reward Points. Not sure what is happening.

We extended the sale til midnight Wednesday due to the errors on the site.

Nod

Adventurous
We are still looking into this, however, we do have people who are able to check out and use the Reward Points. Not sure what is happening.

We extended the sale til midnight Wednesday due to the errors on the site.
I've tried again and still no luck. I'm now going to try on my mega beast which I don't use for internet shopping.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Crap. Have you tried clearing the cart and starting over?

Any one else having this issue?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just grabbed something from my Wishlist I didn't realize was on sale. Went through as if there were no issues.

Nod

Adventurous
Crap. Have you tried clearing the cart and starting over?

Any one else having this issue?
I've deleted the cart, deleted cookies, cleared history, logged out manually, tried a different computer and still get bounced back to the select a payment screen.
I've noticed that the clear all option isn't working properly on the cart, so I have to delete everything one at a time. Also, I can't delete the points applied either, so something weird is going on there. Can't be me if I've tried two different computers.

Nod

Adventurous
Can you not take a payment from folk via PayPal that are having trouble? I'm obviously not the only one. I could have got the Big Cat, etc. from Renderosity, but the discount was bigger on here.
I even bagged a couple of things from my Renderosity wish list with no trouble at all, so it's just Hivewire I'm having trouble with.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I remember having this same issue a month or so ago. When I tried to apply reward points, it would remain calculating the new total forever. I had this reported to Lisa, but don't know the progress on that. If I remember this right, I could complete the purchase using another browser. I couldn't make it work with Google Chrome, so it was either Firefox or Edge, since these are the only browsers I have installed.

Nod

Adventurous
I've not had it work in anything. And as I've already said, I've also tried a different computer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Could it be your IP blocking it? Then again, I'm not sure you'd have any access to the store or forum if that were the case.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
To me, I have been buying from HW since 2013, until one day it would get stuck at calculating totals when adding reward points. Something changed, and it wasn't me. I have also reported many occurrences of HW email newsletters that would not display any images. Sometimes it doesn't for several weeks, and then it does again at whim. It comes and goes. When it happens, I can get the images to show by switching to Microsoft Edge browser. Things ALWAYS work with Edge here at HW, but my default browser is Chrome. I also had an issue where I couldn't get pass the payment method when buying something, but I am no longer having that issue. But again, here at HW I sell more than I buy, so it might be happening but I don't know.

I just know that those things happened:

* HW newsletters with images that won't show.
* Getting stuck at calculating totals when adding reward points.
* Getting stuck at choosing the payment method.

The important thing is for people to report when those things happen, so HW can do something about it. Send Lisa an email if those things happen to you.