• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can Zbrush do this?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It doesn't do fill like photoshop but you can use seamless textures but it works differently.

Jay Versluis

Admirable
You can use a seamless tile (or even a non-seamless tile) and rub it onto a 3D object, so the object will take on the picture that way. It can also use the alpha channel of said picture to add surface detail to the 3D object. Like Pendreia says, it's not like flood filling, but the possibilities are phenomenal.

Speaking of seamless tiles, in 2.5D mode, ZBrush can create seamless tiles for use in Photoshop with ease. It's an often overlooked feature. I've written an article on how to do that here: How to create seamless texture tiles in ZBrush using the elusive Tilde Key

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I did recently see a tutorial where using masks you can use solid colour like a floodfill and I'm wondering if you had a large image with the seamless texture filling it you might be able to able it that way but you would have no real control of the scale of the pattern that I can think of.

Thanks for the link Jay...I've seen some tutorials on using 2.5D mode for creating effects but don't recall a seamless texture one.