• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bryce 7 Veteran Here

HakDragon

Inspired
I was practically the assistant project manager and technical QA lead for the Bryce 7 software release, so I can help with questions and issues with the program. I am a bit admittedly rusty, having moved on to Vue, but I can answer questions as bet as I know. I was also the head of the Steering Committee for that release, and the incredible 600 person beta team - so I have some fond memories of that effort. Any other Bryce users here?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, absolutely!! I started in 3D back in 2001/2002 with Bryce 4, though I don't use it as often as I'd like now that we're up to 7.1 Pro.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Never could get my head around Bryce although I tried. Mind you I had similar problems with Poser which I'm slowly beginning to get my head around. So maybe next time I try it will take. I love what I see people do with it...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I found it fairly easy to learn Pen. The only thing that annoyed me, and still does, is the preview window up in the left hand corner. It's tiny, and the older my eyes get, the harder it is for me to actually see anything in it. ~LOL~

You should try it again, and hang out a little in the DAZ Bryce forum. David Brinnen and Horo are masters as far as how to get things done in Bryce. It's the only DAZ forum I visit any more. I also used to, back before I joined DAZ and RDNA, hang out in the Bryce forum at Renderosity, but haven't been there lately so not sure what's going on there these days. In recent years, the only Renderosity forum I visit is the Blender forum.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I will give it another go...just have to find the time so much to get done this holidays. Between projects around the house and my 3D projects, not to mention finishing my daughter's quilt but I'll find it somehow!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, nice - thanks for offering that, Hak! Hope folks will take you up on it

I've played with it just slightly.

We do have some nice stuff in the store, too, for Bryce from WhiskeySierra Grafics
The 3D Artistry of WhiskeySierra Grafics

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Bryce 5 is what got me into the whole 3d world back in 2004- did a lot with it for many years. Some of my most popular older works were done in Bryce. Actually been meaning to play with it again. Thanks for your offer! Much appreciated!

Laurie

Miss B

CV-BEE
I, for one, would love to see some of your Bryce renders Laurie. You should post them somewhere in the It's About The Art forum. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I, for one, would love to see some of your Bryce renders Laurie. You should post them somewhere in the It's About The Art forum. ;)

Thanks Miss B!

I have loads in my Rendo gallery. I will find some time over the weekend to post some here. That Jaguar in the Big Cat thread is a Bryce render... also my Snow Leopard there too.
Here is an oldie Bryce one you might enjoy:) (featuring Rodrigo's precursor, Jean Michel:) I did a lot of custom and heavily modified materials in Bryce for all the objects in the scene,

Laurie

DarknessOnTheEdgeOfTown.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
HOT DAMN!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy!! Is that an M4 character, and where can I get him??????? ~pant, pant, pant~

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
HOT DAMN!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy!! Is that an M4 character, and where can I get him??????? ~pant, pant, pant~

LOL I thought he might get a reaction outta you:) Actually I made him for M3 many many moons ago and then M4 came out and M4 just never "floated my boat" much- always ended up doing lots of postwork on him. So I never finished or released Jean Michel. Sorry! There IS more Jean Michel though in my Rendo gallery:)

On the positive side, Rodrigo is in QA right now:)

Laurie

Miss B

CV-BEE
On a serious note though, when I saw the render's sig said 2007, I was wondering if he was for M3 and not M4. Too bad you never got him into a store, as I would've grabbed him for sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Who Jean Michel??? Yeah, I wouldn't mind having him as well, even if it's M3/M4. :D

HakDragon

Inspired
Wow, incredible render - love it! It looks so 80's chic and cool, like Michael Knight and Fabio combined into one crime-fighting supercop.

One of my goals in the Bryce 7 project was to give DAZ characters a larger universe to live and play in, to get them out and into real worlds. This is why we pushed the Bryce 7 to Studio 3 bridge so hard, and we had some great images as a result. I do that with Vue/Poser nowadays, but part of me misses that great integration and workflow we had back then. Things are changing nowadays, but I still don't feel we are there yet with file formats and interoperability, not 100% where I would like to be where you could export something and import it somewhere else and get great results.

Amazing work again,
-Hak

Miss B

CV-BEE
Wow, incredible render - love it! It looks so 80's chic and cool, like Michael Knight and Fabio combined into one crime-fighting supercop.
Hmmmm, I was thinking more Jan Michael Vincent when I first saw this render.

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Is it ok that I did not read any of the above comments? I just saw the title of this thread and swooned. I started my 3D online experience with Bryce 4. I STILL love Bryce. I won Poser 6 with a Bryce image. I got a 3rd place win at Renderosity with a Bryce image. Daz3D awarded me lots of credit for my Bryce images. I love, love it still. I took 3 online classes for Vue but I still like Bryce better. Trees in Bryce don't compare to Vue and perhaps skies aren't quite as realistic in Bryce but Bryce still rocks. If you know anyone who wants to start working with 3D and is a newbie then I would introduce them to Bryce first. They can grow from there. GO BRYCE!!!!