• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Body Type-6 for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is the ultimate fantasy body, and it has gone through several iterations to get the current shape. Basically every time you saw me posting a render with it until now was using a different version of it. Now I am settling for this shape as the final.

Promo01_1000x1300.jpg

This is so different from Dawn that I had some trouble making the rig to work with weight maps, so it took a long time to rig it. Type-5 was a bit taller than Dawn, and Type-6 is a bit shorter.

Here's an overall view:

Promo03_600x800.jpg

There is also a small breasts version that is hooked up to Dawn's BreastCupA morph from the base pack. The cool about this is that you can get any breast size in between just by dialing Dawn's own BreastCupA morph. This drives corrective morphs in the background, so you don't have to deal with them directly.

Promo04_600x800.jpg

As all other body morphs, this can also benefit from my "Perfect Pelvis Posing" for Dawn WIP, as shown below. This keeps the leg posing from crushing the crotch shape on Dawn and the clothing.

Promo02_600x800.jpg

So far this has been the most extreme and technically challenging body morph I ever made for any figure, which probably doesn't mean much since I only recently started to concentrate on building new bodies for Dawn. She has so many faces, but the bodies didn't impress me. From all the characters I have for Dawn, I tend to ignore the body morphs and use only the head. This body type series is meant to address that.

This time I am doing things a little differently, concentrating on the Poser version first. In previous projects, I was doing the DS version in parallel, so that every time I changed something in Poser, I had to change it in DS well, which doubles the workload. Now I won't start the DS version until the Poser one is final. to include the beta-testing. If something during the beta requires changes, I won't have to do it twice. This also means I will be doing beta in 2 stages, where the DS version will have it's own process. That should save me a lot of work. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am posting this image here (in addition to the Dawn renders thread) because I think it's a good example of the Type-6 results when combined with other existing morphs, like here with RawArt's Hero MiniMorph. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ken- I'm a little confused... which # is the one where you revise some of Dawn's body to work better with some poses, (like her, uh hem, crotch area) ?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think the Pelvis Fix, or whatever he decided to call it, is going to be a separate set, as he did with the Narrow Shoulders. I don't think he's necessarily adding it to only one of the Body Type sets.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken- I'm a little confused... which # is the one where you revise some of Dawn's body to work better with some poses, (like her, uh hem, crotch area) ?

Right, like Miss B said. That's a different project called "Perfect Pelvis Posing", which has its own thread HERE. It just happens that I am developing Type-6 and the "Perfect Pelvis Posing" at the same time, and I often use them together to make Dawn look awesome. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Is she supposed to be bubble-gum pink. It looks painful. Pass the sunblock.

Hehe sometimes we look at the image for too long and the colors start to elude me. In this case it ended up with too much green, and countering it ended up with too much red. Reducing the red ended up making the image look cold, which was the opposite of what I wanted. Now I just toned down all the colors, and I think it's a better compromise. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well Bonnie, in that particular render, they're a smaller size than the ones in every other render of his Body Type-6. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's right, I made the size significantly smaller in comparison, but avoided going completely flat because, well, that would be out of character on a fantasy female body. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yay, finally reached the final version for my super-fantasy Type-6 body sculpt for Dawn. Today I managed to complete the shoulders and torso rigging. Now she poses perfectly. Going through internal beta now. ^____^

DesertBlossom_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Last night we have concluded internal beta for the Poser version, and today I have started the DS version. Here's the first shot in I-ray, using the small breasts option. Quite a difference with the flat chest, isn't it?

DS_Render.jpg