• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bejeweled and Fantasy sets:WIP

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The difference mostly shows for high detailed textures.
I prefer for the horse to do them at 4000x4000 compressed at 8 (80 percent) in Photoshop on the coat, eye and mane/tail/fets.
All bump, displacement, transmaps and specular at 6 (60 percent) and 2000x2000 pxls.
Anything larger takes a long time to load and render.

On human skin you need larger maps for showing the details for close ups and on the horse for a close up.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The difference mostly shows for high detailed textures.
I prefer for the horse to do them at 4000x4000 compressed at 8 (80 percent) in Photoshop on the coat, eye and mane/tail/fets.
All bump, displacement, transmaps and specular at 6 (60 percent) and 2000x2000 pxls.
Anything larger takes a long time to load and render.

On human skin you need larger maps for showing the details for close ups and on the horse for a close up.

I will make a note! Right now I'm all over the board from 6000 down to 1024! Will standardize!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Would those who tested in Poser and DS please retest for us?
There were still errors and it may be due to losing some of the original tested sets and needing to redo them.
They are in the HW BeJewelled DS testing folder in dropbox again..
Alisa asked that this be tested specifically...
Please be sure to remove any horse sets except the Harry base.

Poser sets...Coats:
check for excessive bump-displacement maps causing then to look like spikes on the legs
Look for texture calls for missing maps.

MTF:
Check for missing texture maps.

DS Sets:
Check for call out for Whisper maps or missing maps.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I can try and take a look at the DS ones, but my Poser application has been acting up on me not sure if I can get those done but will try. I can try for this weekend, but may be away from the computer for part of it.

I still have the ones I tested installed btw. Can look at those if you want me to.

You may have to invite me back to the dropbox because I think I deleted it due to space issues with my dropbox account.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I lost most of those when my hard drive died and that is where the problem came in.
So now that I uploaded the other sets Alisa wants them checked again...sigh.
Mine had two or three sets with excessive displacement maps...ugh.
got those done so I could put the new file in the box tonight and it is there now.
The DS ones are separate so just download which ever ones you need.
Thanks a heap. :)
Gotta go to bed, my eyes are trying to close...lol.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You were still on the folder NA (I just looked online) so I invited again but since you were there I don't know if it will work :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok I got it.

I just did a quick run on the Original Files I had in Daz not the down loaded ones I will have to get to that tomorrow if I can .

I Had these errors from the first testing you might just check and see. You probably already have these corrected.
On all of the coats I keep getting a call out for
FL HWH-II-Lashes-T.jpg

Bejeweled Fetlocks-Iray 03A
FL_BJ_Fetlocks_7_Orange_Light.jpg
FL Fetlocks-B.jpg
FL BJ 03 Glitter.jpg
FL Fetlocks-T.jpg

Bejeweled Fetlocks-Iray 05A
FL BG Glitter Pink Green.jpg

Bejeweled Mane Iray-01A, 02A, 04A, 06A, 07A, 08A, 08B, 08C, 08D, 09A, 10A, 11A, 11B, 11C, 11D
Were all looking for FL Horse Mane B.jpg
Bejeweled Mane Iray-05A
Was looking for FL Horse Mane-B.jpg and FL BJ Glitter Pink Green.jpg

Bejeweled Tail Iray 01A
FL-BJ-Tail-6-Purple-Pink.jpg
FL-mr-b01.jpg
FL BJ 01 Glitter.jpg
Fl-mr-Tail-t01.jpg

Bejeweled Tail-Iray-05A
FL BJ Glitter Pink Green.jpg

Ok need to rest ! I will try to get the updated versions to you guys sometime this weekend.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I get pretty much the same on this set.
ARRRGH, we had it all corrected when my HD died and now I have no idea where the edited set went.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hold on, I put some missing textures back in but I just edited all the coat files in set 01.
I want to upload just that file and see if you get any errors, if not I will continue to fix it.
all I have to do is load my blank (no textures) harry in and apply the sets to him add the correct map or maps and re-save with all original settings.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm away from the computer right now. Not sure when I will get back, but let me know when you are ready for me to download them, and do you just want me to copy and replace what I have in there?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok Daz Set checks out.
I went through each of the .duf files looking for whisper mats and I didn't find any so should be good in that area.

You might check and this may be intentional but the bangs on mane sets 1-11 on all of the 01 manes in each of the color sets the bangs look dark.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
On the Poser set.

Check The Mat on Bejeweled 05 The image dosen't match up with the thumbnail
Check Bejeweled 11B It's calling for Rae-FL-BJ-B4.jpg

On the fetlocks - You are using .10000 for non glitter fets and .00166 for glitter fets and I also found a few that are at .00333. I have not run renders on these yet, but you have both Sets 1 and 2 all fetlocks are set at .10000. I will run renders on those tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Other than that all good!

You might also check the 08 set there are only 19 mat files in there where the rest have 20.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm also getting these little flecks here on the front and back.
Not sure what that is from.
Fetlocks.png

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looks like it might be some sort of "show through" as they match the patterns on the legs under the fetlocks, it looks to me.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah, going through the renders on these you might check your trnasmap and also too you might check again to see if there are any tiny specks of white space anywhere on it. The flecks may also just be where the coat shows through. Let me know what happens and I will render the rest if that is what you think it is.

Check Bump settings on 01B, 01D, 02A, 02C

I just did the first two as those were the ones with all the bumps set at .10000 the others seem to be in order with .10000 for non glitter and .00166 for glitter options and a few with the .00333 settings.

Doing these in Poser 10 as Poser 11 is being a pain.