• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bejeweled and Fantasy sets:WIP

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is what I'm working on with Rae134 now for Harry.
Watch for more as we progress.
This first one is one I rendered in Poser.
Bejeweled-02.png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
One more I just finished in Poser.
Playing in the material room just to see what I could do on this.
I left the sparkles off the body but kept them on the rest and added more gloss.
I like the results so I'm keeping this one for the pack.

BJ-3DL-01.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I really like the shine on that last one. I notice you said you kept the sparkles off of it. One thing I really like on that one as opposed to the others you've posted is that the yellow gems look more gem like. On the purple one you posted before, I loved everything but the yellow gems. I think now it was the texturing, but they looked a little bit more like blisters. That may be something Poser is doing, because the Iray render doesn't seem to have that issue either.

These are looking great though, and I like your carousel ideal. Wish I was the person to model one for you.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I managed to get the first two sets in Poser, the non-sparkles and the sparkled look that Rae did in DS but the others are a challange.
I'll post and image showing the BJ01 set and what she has achieved if she doesn't mind.
Getting similar look for Poser wil be hard because they are set fot Iray.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I wonder if you can just tone down the sparkle some, (not sure what sort of node or effect or whatever it is) so it isn't quite so extreme in Poser. At least on the purple one. I know you won't be able to match Iray exactly.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I managed to get the first two sets in Poser, the non-sparkles and the sparkled look that Rae did in DS but the others are a challenge.
I'll post and image showing the BJ01 set and what she has achieved if she doesn't mind.
Getting similar look for Poser will be hard because they are set for Iray.

Of course I don't mind, post away :D (I've been leaving it up to you to post the images so we don't cross post :))

Some of the glitter settings I did in DS may need new texture maps to get a similar result in Poser (not sure never having used it).

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The glitter settings work in Poser with a noise node.
But the hue has to be changed so it is lighter fr some and I think the matching node for that is the translucency to match the top coat (?) forgot the name of it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd love a Merry-Go-Round to go with these :D I wish I knew how to model (no no no, no learning anything new for awhile! no time! :p)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There was a carousel as part of the Carnival that Daz did wasn't there...? Just checked there is and you can make the horses disappear using the surfaces tab.