• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone used Business Hair for Dawn/Dusk by RedzStudio?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I'm considering buying the Business Hair by Redzstudio over at Renderosity, particularly as it is real fibers hair. Has anyone here used it?

I've had disappointments with purchased hair before and can't afford to buy stuff that doesn't work out well. I would value any opinions here. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I looked at it a while back, but I like their Executive Hair better, but for some reason, it's only available for DS4. Not sure why they didn't make a Poser version for Executive Hair as well.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I made a typo in the thread title, I put "ForbiddenWhispers" instead of "Redzstudio". Just waiting for Lisa to edit it for me.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Bought and NOT used as of yet! So sorry, been so busy with life, projects and the heat so no time to play much!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Buying a new toy and not playing with it! Weren't you just itching to try it out RW, even for a minute? :wow:
At the moment but I can be like that talking dog from "UP" that is talking to the old man and chubby cub scout and then it's all about "Squirrel" and then back to talking and then "SHINY" ... I'm all about shiny and then on to the next shiny thing and then on to the next one.... THEN sometimes I actually remember all the new shiny things I've bought and DO find SOME time to play with them but most of the time.... I don't, sadly! :(

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It does take a lot of time to render, but it looks nice. It's very hard to do any retexturing for it (at least for when I tried). And it fits a lot of different characters, too.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea Fiber mesh hair, unless the UV's are laid out, as in ZBrush, isn't really that easy to texture. Not sure if a multi colored diffuse map would do the job. I always read that Fiber mesh was supposed to be faster because there was no need for transparency maps but then over at DAZ allot of the artists INCLUDES transparency maps, which I don't understand. If the strands are fine enough there would be no need. I've not opened up LAMH which is similar technology in a long while because I'm hoping at some point they release LAMH 2.0 which has a bevy of needed improvements. Fiber mesh in ZBrush, for me, is easy enough to create but styling it with the brushes is a nightmare and a half so I gave up on that one until Pixo gets busy with improving the brushes or creating new ones and retiring the older ones to the Lightbox area.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I've used it, but I don't remember if I uploaded any scenes featuring it. I re-texture it when necessary using the hair color presets from Mec4D's "Unshaven" sets, available for Genesis 2 or 3 males. Because those are shader based rather than texture maps, it renders just fine. Haven't used the Dawn/ Dusk version, though, just the G3M version. I'm just a fiber-hair junkie, anyway, so I think you always get better results with fiberhair rather than transmapped geometry.