• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

ibr_remote

Adventurous
So, yes, MikuMikuDance (MMD) is a nice dance app to use with anime-style 3D CG characters. The physics in the models is really amazing, although some of the choreography can by a bit sloppy if creators don't pay heed to the geometry crashes. An alternative is Charamin, which allows import of MMD models (file formats these days are PMX and PMD). So I got the MMD characters to dance on my PC desktop, and did a video capture using nVidia's Game Bar. I then edited together a couple of such videos using Microsoft's Photo and Video Editor. I added the 3D effects from the MS editor, and selected one of their soundtracks. Here is the final version :

As this was really the character dancing on my desktop, you can occasionally see my mouse cursor while the nVidia recording is going on.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I had to watch your video on Youtube as the embedded one gives a message "Watch this video on YouTube. Playback in other websites has been disabled by the video owner".

Nice work on the animation, it is very impressive. Can you tell me how you made the beams/rays of light coming from the floor and in what software?

ibr_remote

Adventurous
I had to watch your video on Youtube as the embedded one gives a message "Watch this video on YouTube. Playback in other websites has been disabled by the video owner".

Nice work on the animation, it is very impressive. Can you tell me how you made the beams/rays of light coming from the floor and in what software?

Thanks for watching ! (I should change the setting to permit viewing via embedded code) . The beams of light are added by the Microsoft App Photo And Movie Editor. It is one of the3D Effects.