• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Alaric for Dusk

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Depends on your nvidia card and whether it's card based or cpu...

I have a quad core with 16gb ram with a Nvidia Geforce GTX760 4096mb GDDR5 oc version

Depending on what's in the scene will change how long it takes...if you go into advanced in the render settings what do you have ticked? Are you using CPU and card? or just cpu?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Mine is the GEForce GT 610 with 2gb ddr3 memory.
I think I set it for both, cpu and card.
Had a backdrop in the scene, Dusk, hair shirt and pants.
I did not use the advanced Iray, just the Sunlight settings.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure what you mean by sunlight settings...I normally throw in a light specifically for Iray. I like the Dimension Theory ones...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Er... he IS for POSER too, right?!?! *hoping*! :)

oh and PS... I've always said the MAP makes the model! It sure can add "shape" just from mapping.... you know how in real estate they say: Location, location, location! Well in our world it's mapping, mapping, mapping! LOL!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Lyne, he is Poser and DAZ Studio compatible.

Pen, in render settings in DS there are two setting for Iray, advanced and sunlight.
Advanced is photo-real and takes a very long time to render (but worth it) and sunlight is more basic.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't know this about the 2 settings, I guess I better look into sunlight more (my system is soooooo slow it might help)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pen, in render settings in DS there are two setting for Iray, advanced and sunlight.
Advanced is photo-real and takes a very long time to render (but worth it) and sunlight is more basic.

Me either, my system always has photoreal on. Didn't realise that there was a sunlight option...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It took 5 hours with it but I had used the other earlier and it was still rendering 7 hours later.
Might go faster with an updated computer with more RAM.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You might be able to adjust the render quality to speed things up without losing too much...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
DS is full of little things I need to learn but it gives some great renders now.
Poser is good but Firefly does not give the same quality of render as Iray.
Although from the images posted from the new Poser, it has improved.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
In the end it comes down to the skill of the user. Someone who knows what they're doing(not me) can get good renders out of both programs. Both programs have good render engines in the right hands.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I did a test for Glitter in poser11pro with superfly render to see if the textures would render...and they did...looked much better than firefly render...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I use Poser the most and I think my problem is in the lighting.
I really need to learn more on that so my renders look better, lighting can make or break a render.

Alisa, do you think these renders are promo quality?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have all my files, readmes and description as well as promos ready to up load when I get final word back from my testers that he is ready to go.
Now on to other things. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes!
Checked all files to be sure they are there, saved promos for web, zipped the main files and will upload tomorrow.
I am tired now and ready for some netflix.