• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Alaric for Dusk

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Alaric for Dusk

Alaric-04A.jpg

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hmm he seems a little "Clark Gable-ish" ! :) I'm interested! (and dating myself maybe?) LOL!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is an image with all of Alaric's face options.
I think it will work better than loading all the full size images.
If all goes well I hope to submit this one in a week or two.

alaric sets-1.jpg

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I really like this guy a lot. He reminds me of Burt Reynolds. You really did some great detailing on the beard and his skin wrinkles.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, you know Aether, he DOES look a little like Burt Reynolds. Nicely done FL.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
To be honest, there are no morphs applied to his face, all is just the way the texture and displacement maps work. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I do really like this character...he looks like he's been around the block a time or two and knows a thing or three. He's a definite for my runtime.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love the wrinkles here. Great job with the displacement on those! I wish I could watch how you do those... displacement maps give me fits still! LOL :D

He reminds me more of Clark Gable, personally. But either way, I really like the look of him so far. This looks like good work already!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
He's looking really nice!

I did a bit of moving and deleting posts to get things to make sense as I moved some posts from one thread to another ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're very welcome :)

*sits back to wait for more previews*

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Alaric-IrayDS_004.jpg

Last one before starting promo stuff as I wait for my testers verdicts.
This was rendered in DAZ Studio 4.9 using Iray Sunlight settings.
I did have to post work the hairline and sideburns of the hair a bit but other than that it is a straight render.
It took 5 hours to render.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking good Faery...I haven't forgotten just got sidetracked today as my husband and I have been doing some minor tiling in the bathrooms.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Pen, you do DS renders, does it always take so long with Iray?
I have a dual core, 3.5mzh abd 8gb ram.
My graphics card has two, is it mb or gb, I forget things like that.