• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

4th Annual CWRW Cloud Foundation Sale

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
CWRW_CFSale940x368.jpg

From Friday, November 17th through midnight Monday, November 27th you can take advantage of 40% savings both here at HiveWire 3D and at Renderosity.
Mustangs are hardy animals known for their strong fighting spirit and will to survive. The Cloud Foundation is an organization that works to preserve and protect our wild mustangs, one of the living symbols of the historic and pioneer spirit of the American West.

We love the idea that a passion for 3D art can also be an effective part of preservation of a species as well as inspiration for the wild, free-roaming spirits within ourselves.

HW3DLB - Why is the Cloud Foundation important to you?

CWRW - I first "met" Cloud the wild stallion, like many others, through the PBS Nature show "Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rockies", back in the 90s. I was very moved and awed by the life of this wild stallion and his family and herd. The wild horses are such a huge symbol of the West to me as well, having in lived in Colorado for almost 30 years now.

An Act Of Congress - "Congress finds and declares that wild free-roaming horses and burros are
living symbols of the historic and pioneer spirit of the West; (and) that they contribute to the
diversity of life forms within the Nation and enrich the lives of the American people ."
(Public Law 92-195, December 15, 1971)

The majority of wild horses living today do so on lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). In 1971 the Wild Horse & Burro Act was enacted and it is the policy of Congress that wild free-roaming horses and burros shall be protected from capture, branding, harassment, or death; and to accomplish this they are to be considered in the area where presently found, as an integral part of the natural system of the public lands.

High Mountain Mustang - by Flint_Hawk

HW3DLB - Why do the mustangs need protection?

CWRW - They share grazing land with commercial livestock. Much controversy surrounds the sharing of BLM land and resources by both the free ranging horses and the livestock of the politically powerful ranching industry, and also with the methods with which the federal government manages the wild population numbers.

But back to Cloud ... I followed his life through the next two PBS films about him and then I got to "know" Cloud more intimately back in 2008 when I started designing the annual Cloud Foundation Calendar with Ginger Kathrens, founder of the Cloud Foundation, and renowned wild horse photographer Carol Walker, whose stunning and insightful photos grace the yearly calendar.

I also designed the book "Wild Hoofbeats: America's Vanishing Wild Horses" and "Galloping to Freedom: Saving the Adobe Town Appaloosas", by Carol and so became much more aware of the plight of these noble beings.

image_11017.jpg

Untamed Spirits - by Flint_Hawk

The current management of the wild horses is sad and tragic. Seeing footage (much less being there in person...) of terrified horses being rounded up by helicopter is heartbreaking. Families are broken up and too many are rounded up and left to (hopefully!) live their broken lives in holding facilities such as The Hughes Ranch in Oklahoma. At times they have been sent to slaughter.

Some lucky few are adopted, but they are very much the minority. The family members not rounded up often experience more hardship without their band stallion to protect them; foal's mothers taken from them before they are weaned and so on. There is very much an emotional toll on them as well- wild horses live a very rich emotional life.

I personally support The Cloud Foundation as they are doing all in their power - often in tandem with other wild horse groups- to save these magnificent creatures and their native homes across the west, through education, legal actions, events and more. My dream someday is to meet Cloud and his family in person in the Pryor Mountains on the Montana/Wyoming border.

Without all of the hard work of The Cloud Foundation and other wild horse organizations, the fate of this grand symbol of freedom and the American west is grave.

HW3DLB - What can we do to help?

CWRW - Become aware and get involved. The majority of public lands in the United States are held in trust for the American people by the federal government and managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and other government agencies. Become aware of what these agencies are doing on our behalf when it comes to managing our natural resources and get involved and lend your voice to help find solutions that can work for all.

Understand the issues from all sides. The plight of wild horses and burros is a highly emotional one for many so it is important to know the facts around the issues as well as the actions that are currently being implemented to be effective in providing ideas for alternative solutions.

It is more critical than ever to let your voice be heard: Congress is back in session and the 2018 Budget will be under consideration. Over 46,000 wild horses and burros currently in short term holding and long term holding plus over 46,000 right now still on public lands but deemed “excess” by the BLM are at risk of being killed or sent to slaughter.

Communicate and donate what you can, either in time or resources, to add your voice in support of those who are working daily to save America’s wild horses.

Shop the
Cloud Foundation Sale HiveWire 3D and Renderosity for great deals on high quality products.

A portion of the proceeds from the CWRW Cloud Foundation Sale will be donated to The Cloud Foundation.

Spirit of the Wild - by CWRW

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Such beautiful animals.

And so many awesome products!!!

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you for your work, as a Brit it shames me that so many of the wild species that lived in this land have gone. (bring back Wolves, Lynx's and so many others ;))

Cheers

Jon

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I already own all of the products I can use.... so went to the website and paypal donated $100 to the save the mustangs fund and $50 to the legal fund for them... I used to write a lot of letters and donate when I was young... with the famous Wild Horse Annie..... so it's about time I donate directly again! It's SO worth it! :)

scatha

Adventurous
A very worthy cause. Let us all hope your current orange meatball/fake president doesn't do anything stupid, like he did to wolves and bears. :somad: