• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3d Humanoids blender addon

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Be sure to let us know how you like it.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Had a quick try in blender and its pretty cool +free and open source.

There are a few base shapes including anime shapes and some morphing options. The rig is basic so no eye movements yet that I could see.

One thing thats appeals to me though is that by using another script export_dsf_prop - millighostmix
you can export the figure with rigging as a duf file that Daz Studio can load and pose! The bones are all funky if you look at them in joint editor but they basically work ..I guess with tweaking bone rotations, weightmaps etc you could make a pretty decent figure for use in Daz

So at the least you can make some low res background figures that work ok in Daz:)

Miss B

CV-BEE
What are the other export options? I ask because I stopped upgrading DS with DS 4.0 Pro.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
-Using the millinghost script I tried saving as " filename.dsf " instead of .duf and it loaded with rig into Daz -I have daz 4.9 though

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I was also thinking about exporting as obj so it could be imported into Poser. Any indication of that?

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Yes just export as obj (including polygroups if rerigging in poser). It is grouped already.
If a static model you could pose in blender first.

Darryl

Adventurous
I played around with that plugin last week and it seems pretty robust, especially for a free, 1st gen product. I was particularly intrigued by their ethnicity "morphs". It takes a more scientific approach than what I've seen in the Poserverse. They also have a different approach to clothing the figure. I don't know Blender well enough at the moment but would be interested in using it for Blender scenes that include a figure rather than being built around a figure, allowing me to take advantage of the capabilities it has that Poser does not.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
So I thought I'd try my hand at some basic rigging using the obj export so that the bones lined up. As all the groups are there it doesnt take long.
...here's our beauty - wonky knees and all. Still not to0 bad.
humanoid.png
https://community.hivewire3d.com/attachments/5404/

DigiDotz

Adventurous
..and last try most probably :laugh:
doing bulge maps etc ..not
Still maybe usable in Blender there is a nice anime charactor base

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I'm learning Blender and this plugin might be very useful.
Thanks for post it here, DigiDotz!

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Well, just curious as to the full work that goes into finished figures for Daz or Poser from a base mesh. Its like ..I'll get to that bit in a few years!
Thats what makes Figures like Antonia Polygon so cool (talking free to redistribute licensed figures)
-3D humanoids distraction over for now, I'm distracted by zero brush today