• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"Inspiration to Image" Render Challenge! - CLOSED!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
HiveWire 3D "Inspiration to Image" Render Challenge!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK folks, our judges, Seliah and Lorraine, have spoken!!!

And the winners are (drum roll please):

#6 - First Place - The Bug Drone by Stezza
#1 - Second Place - At The River by luannemarie
#4 - Third Place - Encounter by mininessie
#5 - Honorable Mention - Velvet and Roses by Dreamer

Congratulations to the winners!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Come join our "Inspiration to Image" Render Challenge and explore the various aspects of composing a scene. This thread is for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders. You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.

Here are some educational links to info about the Golden and Fibonacci Ratios to get you started:

If you're still looking for inspiration for your renders, check out all the goodies in the Last Chance Clearance Sale!

Last Chance Clearance Sale!

When you have decided your image is final, post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to a private media album for blind judging.

No artist information will be shown in the private media album, so please refrain from adding any copyright information that you may usually add to your renders.

Rules & Guidelines
  • At least one HiveWire 3D family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire 3D figure you wish to use.
  • Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines
    • 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
    • 1MB max file size for images
    • 10MB max file size for video
  • A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.
  • You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.
  • Comedy is welcome, but please keep it family friendly.
Categories and Prizes
This render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, May 17, 2019 (MST).

Reminders:
  • Please post your final renders here in this thread.
  • Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.
  • Please do not post your entries in any of the General Forum threads, or in the HW Galleries, until after the Render Challenge has ended and the winners have been announced. We would also prefer you not post your entries on forums, and in galleries, on other sites until the Render Challenge has ended.
  • Because the Render Challenge is Blind Judged, the judges do not view the Render Challenge thread until after the winners are announced.

Judges: Seliah and Lorraine

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking forward to seeing what everyone does!

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Final Render
Title: At the River
At the River 102z.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was just looking at those sites about the golden ration. Interesting! There's a show called Faces narrated by John Cleese and they go into it quite a bit. W0rking on my first entry now.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Back in the days of DS 3, Dreamlight had an add-on for whatever camera you wanted to use, that gave you options for the Golden Ratio, and the Golden Spiral. I don't know if that add-on works with the newer versions of DS, as I don't think it was ever updated. I used to use it all the time when I was using my DS 3A, before I got back into using Poser. In fact, I wish we had such an option for Poser.

Miss B

CV-BEE
ok...i found this...perhaps can be handy...i still don´t tried it
Golden Rules Camera Prop v1.5 - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
Ohhhh, I forgot Jader had done that. If I'm not mistaken he updated the older version I used to use in my DS3A so it could be used in DS4. I don't have DS4.5, so I can't try it out to see, but it certainly looks like it could be the same as what I'm used to using.

Thank you for posting the link mininessie. :)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Ohhhh, I forgot Jader had done that. If I'm not mistaken he updated the older version I used to use in my DS3A so it could be used in DS4. I don't have DS4.5, so I can't try it out to see, but it certainly looks like it could be the same as what I'm used to using.

Thank you for posting the link mininessie. :)

It works in 4.10

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, my head is exploding.
I just tried reading the articles in the links...ugh...Math!
Anything to do with numbers sets my head spinning, sorry.
I'll look but not enter...sigh.